Thank you for a great semester!
Dear friends old and new,
I’d like to thank you on behalf of The Open University of Wellfleet for helping us to achieve our most successful semester yet! From the end of April to the end of May, we sponsored seven terrific courses and achieved an enrollment total of 125 participants in:
- History of the Long Point Gallery (with Grace Hopkins)
- Cape Cod History (with Don Wilding)
- Politics in Film and Fiction (with Linda B. Miller)
- From Bauhaus to Cape Cod House (with Julie Mockabee)
- Faulkner Goes to Hollywood (with John Dennis Anderson)
- Fighting the Good Fight ( with Seth Rolbein)
- Dickens’ Bleak House (with me, Rhoda Flaxman)
Our excellent course leaders presented informative lectures and led focused discussions. And along the way, we met new people and made new friends.
I want to share kudos with my excellent Board colleagues: Betsy, Jeanne, June, Grace, and Janet for their advice, support, and general good cheer!
We hope you’ll watch for our new course announcement, and JOIN US in the fall!
Photos from our spring semester
What Students Have Said About OUW Courses:
- "Loved her passion, her great guests, and the film. I learned more than I expected from this excellent teacher"
- "I particularly appreciated the open discussion in a risk-free environment and the inclusive ambiance."
- "I enjoyed hearing the different perspectives from a high-level discussion."
- "Our teacher created a welcoming atmosphere that encouraged comaraderie both in class and at the social time afterward. I appreciated the sense of the group her teaching built."
- "The class achieved a perfect balance of mini-lecture and directed discussion, encouraging active engagement."
- "Thanks! This was a terrific learning experience!"
Listen to our Founding Director, Dr. Rhoda Flaxman's interview with Ira Wood on his show the "Lowdown" about the Open University of Wellfleet. Click here to listen.